ERROR:Worker worker process died unexpectedly

Any update after the code change?

BTW let’s continue here please.

No crash yet after the last change but too early to decide (3 days past).

Okay :+1:.

Great, let me please how it goes on next days.

Sure and one noob question. Does using TCP means we need to open also the TCP minPort/maxPort range on the server firewall or that’s for UDP only?

You must open both UDP and TCP ports in the min-max range you passed to the worker.

Thanks.

No crash after a week so it seems the bug has been fixed :smiley:

Not really fixed since it should not have crashed before, and I do not yet why it did :slight_smile:

By not sending DTLS BYE on transport closure (the code block you disabled) the crash does not happen, but that’s like loosing functionality just becase we cannot figure out where the bug is…

Now we have a clue at least, right? Let me know if we can go farther by doing more tests.

Please let me know when you call transport.close() in server side. Do you call it when receiving an event “dtlsstatechange” with value “closed” or “failed”? Are you also calling transport.close() when the participant’s WS connection is closed by the participant?

I close peer transports on any type of user disconnection including normal exit, unexpected disconnect, etc. I do nothing with dtlsstatechange.

ok thanks.

@mkh could you please use the mediasoup GIT “devel” branch in your deployment? I’ve been trying to reproduce your crash with no success at all (without commenting the code block above). There are some tiny changes from “v3” to “devel” in that regards and may be the issue is fixed by those changes.

Of course if you think that is safe to be used in production.

“devel” branch has some bug fixes and includes transport-cc for bandwidth estimation, which works much better than REMB. We have heavily tested it in our demo environment.

Very good. I’ll update the server tonight.

Move or rename the current node_modules/mediasoup directory, clone the devel repo there and then run npm install. Is this all I need to do?

Yes. Just don’t forget to run git checkout --track origin/devel after cloning the repo and before running npm install.

:ok_hand:

The devel branch is setup and running.

BTW by executing npm i --production I got the following warning so I had to run the make manually:

npm WARN lifecycle mediasoup@3.2.5~postinstall: cannot run in wd mediasoup@3.2.5 run-script-os (wd=/var/conference/server/node_modules/mediasoup-devel)