Worker dies unexpectedly

Hi Team,

When I call transport.produce() on server, mediasoup worker dies unexpectedly. I am attaching the screenshot of the same, I am using mediasoup version 3.5.7

Please let me know if any additional information is required.

Hi,

My gcc version is 8.3.0
I had enabled the core dumps, as per instructions provided on the link,

Directory /tmp/cores was empty even after worker died. It happens whenever i try to call transport.produce() from the browser. Also, I am using process manager 2(pm2) npm module for starting the server.

Well, did you properly set coredumps or not? The docs I pasted also explain how to generate a coredump to verify it:

Please open an issue in GitHub by providing all required versions information and also print the rtpParameters given in server-side (not in client but in server side) to transport.produce().

Also, report please (in GitHub) the output of these commands:

gcc --version
g++ --version
cc --version
c++ --version

Might be related to this, attached the core dump - https://github.com/versatica/mediasoup/issues/392
Not sure if it happens in 3.5.9. Gotta upgrade soon.

Hi,

The actual issue was related to improper upgrade, when i upgraded the gcc from 4.8.5 to 8.3.0 the gcc was properly upgraded i can see the version upgrade by doing gcc -v. But some how my host was always referring to the default g++, c++ versions which were still 4.8.5. and also the mediasoup code was not getting compiled because of older libstdc++.so.6 which also needed to be upgraded. I just created some symbolic links so that the host refers to all the upgraded versions. And i run make test on mediasoup/worker directory. All tests were passed and the server started to work properly without any crash.

The problem was the mistakes in using upgraded gcc version. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Marking as resolved.

1 Like

Thanks for that valuable explanation.