How scalable is mediasoup?

Im building a product using mediasoup. SO far, I’m having no troubles in the development and everything is going great. However, lets say that a year from launch, I would need to support a million users. Is mediasoup a viable option for this requirement ? To be more specific, the “scalability” section in the documents mentions “~500 consumers”. Is this number an approximation per core/worker or per router? If its is per router, what is a general number of routers I can spawn per worker without performance degradation? Is there an open source/free alternative to mediasoup for these scalability requirements? Im not hoping of course to meet these requirements in a single server, but I was mainly wondering how much of the scalability on mediasoup would rely on horizontal scaling.

1 Like

That’s easily accomplished, it all comes down to code and routing abilities. Scalability is up to your design.

There are no examples but I do personally have write-ups on my producer/consumer servers to help users scale. Now this is just pseudo but it should help do track it down.