Matched libwebrtc version with older libmediasoupclient v3

Hi jmillan,

As the topic, I’ve read the site documentation for libmediasoupclient which states that it currently supports libwebrtc m84 (4147). And from the following threads and your git checkin comments I can tell the previous updated version of libwebrtc is m83, m81( as of 2020/04/15), m79(as of 2019/12/29).
https://mediasoup.discourse.group/t/libwebrtc-version-for-latest-v3-branch/862

My ugly pain point is we want to find a matched libwebrtc version with older libmediasoupclient v3, since we start to download and use mediasoup and clients on about 2020/04/15, and have not upgraded to the latest version of mediasoup server and client yet.

We spent quite some time to find a matched libwebrtc version so that we can debug into the details when meeting some crashes using libmediasoupclient. But for now we cannot confirm (maybe 90% true) it’s caused by our own code logic such as thread safe or call sequence to the APIs etc, because we cannot dig into webrtc source code for lack of the matched version, which is a black box to us.

Would it be possible to let me know whether the elder verson of libwebrtc that you once upgraded is from M74 to M79? or even older? Because from above discussion thread I can see the question raiser [ethand91] were confirming whether you were upgarding the webrtc from 73/74 to M79.

What we are using for android verson refers to https://github.com/haiyangwu/mediasoup-client-android. and its upgrade date of libwebrtc is on 2019/11/12.

Sorry to ask such lazy question. The purpose is we don’t need to upgread all the servers and clients if we can find the right version.

If I understand correctly we have to upgrade mediasoup and client to latest version so that we can use libwebrtc M84 branch to debug if there is no good version we can match finally?

Thanks very much! Any comments or criticism are welcome!

Wilson

Please, avoid asking to a specific person. This is a forum where many people can help each other.

Would it be possible to let me know whether the elder verson of libwebrtc that you once upgraded is from M74 to M79? or even older? Because from above discussion thread I can see the question raiser [ethand91] were confirming whether you were upgarding the webrtc from 73/74 to M79.

I cannot say with certainty. This will be solved by creating a CHANGELOG file and exposing there which version of libmediasoupclient started using a certain version of libwebrtc.

If I understand correctly we have to upgrade mediasoup and client to latest version so that we can use libwebrtc M84 branch to debug if there is no good version we can match finally?

I would definitely go that way, but since you started using mediasoup 2020/04/15, There is no much you should worry about. blame the mediasoup CHANGELOG to see exactly the changes that were made since that time. I think you could upgrade libmediasoupclient in isolation without upgrading any of mediasoup nor mediasoup-client.

Appologize. Will be careful in future. Thanks for detail info and suggestions! We will have a try.