My first experience on mediasoup

I could port my medium size app to mediasoup (v3) in 3 weeks full time work. Developing with mediasoup is a joy! The API is great and every thing is almost documented :clap:. And unique is what I can say about the support which helped me a lot.

Regarding features, as an SFU, it has almost everything I need and I like the design goals:ok_hand:.

The performance seems also good, by benefiting from workers, but I need to spend more time and do more tests to be accurate. However I think there are issues in the simulcast that I’ll address in another post.

I’ve worked with many webrtc solutions and IMO mediasoup, as the youngest one, is the king :sunglasses: and I personally fell in love with it :heart_eyes:.

The project is active and moving fast. However having one main contributor is a concern and I hope it can find a way to live.

Special thanks to the team for sharing the project with community. I wish luck for them and I’ll try to contribute as much as I can.

BTW mediasoup is felt missing in the list of open source WebRTC gateways.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the feedback :slight_smile:

Regarding simulcast, it’s super tested. May be you have issues due to the bandwidth estimation algorithm. However remember that you can tune it (with caution) via the proper settings.

However having one main contributor is a concern

@jmillan is as active as me. It’s just that he works “behind the scenes” and I’m the “social” member of the team.

BTW mediasoup is felt missing in the list of open source WebRTC gateways

Added. Now an entry for mediasoup is missing :slight_smile:

Regarding simulcast, it’s super tested. May be you have issues due to the bandwidth estimation algorithm.

A few days ago I submitted a post about the simulcast issue with screen sharing, maybe related to the issue #79.

That’s a bug or limitation on Chrome.