Video freeze in Firefox, mac m1

Reproduce steps:

1. Open demo mediasoup in ff last version on mac m1 https://v3demo.mediasoup.org/
  2. Open demo in different browser with same roomId what was in 1 step
  3. Leave window ff and open different(no matter what window exactly)
  4. After a while video in ff will freeze

In common I catch that bug, but time to time video working properly

I’ve checked all params. And as I see consumer is started, but consumer don’t get packets from server. Server send packet normally

Audio is working well

This happened to me with demo app as well, probably it have some limited resources server side, may be it has some load at the moment. So you should get the demo from github and setup on your local system to get the accurate result.

Does it work fine on other browsers apart from firefox?

I faced the same video freezing issue with online demo app and even on my local system after I clone it to my machine.

The main reason for it was that it was using one transport to consume all the video streams and when I switched to 1 transport per stream, there was not freezing issue at all, have described it in detail here:

yeah, it’s working normally

The main reason for it was that it was using one transport to consume all the video streams and when I switched to 1 transport per stream, there was not freezing issue at all, have described it in detail here:

I am not sure, I launched only 1 video and video was freezed
I mean transport included only 1 video

Ok it should work there as well, have you checked by setting it up on your machine?

How much bandwidth do you have?

We are experiencing the same issue both in Mediasoup Demo app and in our own project - before, it was always working well.

Edit:
Actually upgrading Mediasoup version seems to have solved our problem. I saw the demo is also not running on latest version, so it might be the same issue. Possibly related to DTLS problems ? We were running on 3.10.3

Original post:
We didn’t change anything that would cause this bug afaik - apart from updating mediasoup versions. Unfortunately, I can’t say which update exactly caused this behavior since we just found out about this now, it might have been going for some time already.

Same as OP. It’s only happening in Firefox, all other Browsers work fine.
Audio works continuously, Video freezes almost instantly.
Of course this could also be a Firefox internal issue, but googling for it I didn’t find any recent bug reports.

Some more context:

• have tried it in two separate networks (company and home)
  • running on latest Firefox version (103.1)
  • downgrading to previous Firefox version (102.1) does not help
  • Windows 10

Ok it should work there as well, have you checked by setting it up on your machine?

yeah, that’s weird thing, If I launch locally all is working well.

How much bandwidth do you have?

I don’t limit bandwidth on server side or client side

Audio works continuously, Video freezes almost instantly.

As I understand we’re talking about two different bugs. I’ve caught bug on mac m1 only. If video freeze it will never play again

Ok, can you check which mediasoup version is being used? Is it 3.10 or 3.9.0 or something else? If 3.10 then kindly downgrade that to 3.9.0 and then test it.

Also try this demo here as well:

for sure, I use 3.10.3 on server but I noticed that I have old version mediasoup client(3.6.51)

Ok kindly check with 3.9.0 to make sure if it is version specific issue. You can test with the other demo app I provided as well.

that’s weird, but I’ve updated mediasoup-client to last version and I don’t catch that bug) thanks a lot for recommendation!

Glad that it is resolved.

Kindly mention the mediasoup-client version that solved the issue. And the mediaosup version as well. Did you update mediasoup version as well or just mediasoup-client version?