firewall permissions

I have the mediasoup demo installed currently with MEDIASOUP_MIN/MAX_PORT as 40000/40003. The server runs successfully and the app appears in the browser, but there is no actual connectivity between the two components yet (“WebSocket connection failed”). What are the exact minimum requirements in terms of firewall permissions (between app and server; ports for UDP and TCP) in my case?

Everything is explained in the mediasoup-demo README. And I hope you know what those “min port” and “max port” mean. If not, read the comments in the config.example.js file of the demo and the mediasoup API documentation.

Could you perhaps cite the exact part in README.md, for it is not obvious to this OP.

I mentioned config.example.js which is referenced by the README too.

Realy? Why isn’t it mentioned which transport it uses or how to do it via tcp or at best over https the same way the websockets flow?

Sorry, what? You can read the mediasoup documentation, did you?

Yes, but the README you mentioned don’t handle anything beside port ranges. The question about firewalling issues is a realy big issue for using mediasoup (or webrtc/rtp in general) and maybe should be mentioned in here not only at all but very verbose and visible.

The mediasoup-demo project is not a substitute of the mediasoup documentation. I won’t document things twice.