Mediasoup with insertable streams

Hello guys, I’m looking to migrate somewhere from the coturn since I have a requirement for e2ee video calls all the time. The current solution uses webrtc for p2p calls and e2ee with insertable streams for encryption. Since safari (webkit browsers) does not support insertable streams, I have an idea to use turn server to lose P2P but keep e2ee. So that’s where I’ve found mediasoup. But now I do have a question - does mediasoup supports e2ee without p2p? I mean can we have a call with mediasoup as a turn server and still encrypt the stream, but on the server side? Or do mediasoup uses same insertable stream technology and it will not be possible? I used the demo with safari browser and the outcome was strange when the feed was not visible (neither the audio) but I’m not sure if its because of the insertable streams.

does mediasoup supports e2ee without p2p?
Yes it does. The soup server will act as the handler and IP to any consumer.

I mean can we have a call with mediasoup as a turn server and still encrypt the stream, but on the server side?
Mediasoup is not a turn server, it can assist with the session description through stun. If you host a TURN, the security of the turn would be the determining factor of security there.

Through soup once you connect the stream it’s now hidden behind the servers IP and has no leak of the sources IP.