Video of client allways horizontally mirrored.

Is there a way to disable the horizontal mirroring of the mediasoup client? I will start a project where it is important that both the client and the server see exactly the same. I have tried to dig into the code or find a front end option, but I haven’t found any. Is this even possible, and if so, how? Thanks in advance for answering :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Check the FAQ in the website.

Sorry, there is anything in the FAQ because this is not a mediasoup question. What do you mean with “horizontal mirroring of the mediasoup-client”? No, mediasoup-client doesn’t do that. Check your own client side app, you are doing it.

https://v3demo.mediasoup.org/
I checked this on the example and on my own installation of this demo:

what I mean with horizontal mirroing is that the image is in mirror mode, left is right and right is left, the letters are not readable for instance. I want to disable that

This image for instance is surposed to show vcam, but it has all the letters mirrored.

Then check how the demo app is done, specially the CSS. Imagine that this is not a question about mediasoup but just a very simple CSS property.

1 Like

For those who are also experiencing this issue, you want to remove / disable this piece of css in the mediasoup-demo-app.css file:

#mediasoup-demo-app-container [data-component='PeerView'] > video.is-me {
    -webkit-transform: scaleX(-1);
    -moz-transform: scaleX(-1);
    -o-transform: scaleX(-1);
    -ms-transform: scaleX(-1);
    transform: scaleX(-1);
}

@ibc thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

1 Like