Why two tabs in webrtc-internals?

Anybody has any idea why there are two tabs in webrtc-internals when using mediasoup, but only one tab when using google meet?

Every time you broadcast you keep records of it in Requests till you close the apps you made these requests with completely.

I don’t use Google Meet but would assume if you broadcast it’d populate that list. It’s common across WebRTC apps, nothing weird about it.

sorry I was not clear here. I did not mean GetUserMedia Requests, I meant the one highlighted with a red border.

When I run mediasoup demo there are two tabs like this, almost the same, I am struggling to tell the difference between them. Each has lots of webrtc related data which is constantly updated.

When I run google meet (which is also webrtc app of course) it creates only one tab like this.

I do not necessarily see any problem with that, but I am curious why is that. I always thought that each tab shows all webrtc connections from one page and it is like this for google meet. But not when I use mediasoup.

Did you notice that mediasoup uses separate WebRTC transports for sending and receiving? Each transport uses its own underlying peer connection. Each tab in webrtc-internals shows one connection. Thus two tabs.

Oh, now it’s clear! Thank you, it makes prefect sense.