DOMException: Could not start video source

i want to test the video chat room with two peers so i opened two browsers (chrome , firefox) , and everything seems good with first peer and got track and assign it to video (srcObject ) , when i tried to enter the room with firefox as (second peer) i joined the room successfully but no producer created because i got an error when try to get (navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia()) i think it’s because i access the camera and the mic in other places so my question is there any way that i can use the same camera , mic with the multiple browsers just for testing ?

May I ask why you chose mediasoup (server) category for this topic?

This is not a question about mediasoup but a generic WebRTC question.

sorry , i will change it to mediasoup-client and i (know also that it’s more related to webRTC than mediasoup-client too ) but i just want to know if mediasoup developers meet this issue before ? or to be more clear how they testing their application in localhost ? like in mediasoup-demo how you guys testing the room with multiple peers in localhost ?

No problems in OSX related to webcam access from N browsers/tabs.

BTW we (mediasoup authors) are not in this forum to share our WebRTC related knowledge and expertise for free.

1 Like