TL;DR - In Firefox, when User1 has producer & consumer transports on different Mediasoup routers, User1 cannot see/hear other producers, but everyone can see/hear User1. When User1’s producer & consumer transports are on the same router, all is well.
For smaller audiences, only 1 router/worker is used. There are no problems here.
For larger audiences, 1 router/worker is used for producers, X routers/workers are used for consumers. Producers are piped through to all consumer routers.
If Kim, James, and Natalie are part of a broadcast together, and a bunch of other people are just watching, it could look like:
- router1: producerTransports for Kim, James, Natalie
- router2: consumerTransports for Kim and users 4-50
- router3: consumerTransports for James, Natalie, and users 51-100
If James is using Firefox, he can’t hear/see Kim or Natalie, but everyone can see/hear him. If James joins using Chrome or Safari on the same computer, all is well.
- If James is producing but only router1 is used (for producers and consumers), Firefox works fine.
- If James is NOT producing / part of the broadcast, and is just viewing Kim+Natalie, all is well (he can see/hear them).
I am at a loss as to how the browser could be a factor here…any ideas?