Firefox sdp "a=" can have an address like "xxx.local"

When use Firefox to consume a stream,
if neither "navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia({ …}) " nor “navigator.mediaDevices.getDisplayMedia({…})” is resolved,
then the answer sdp looks like:

a=candidate:0 1 TCP 2105524479 6df806e3-97a6-7e45-8a3b-958cd272b750.local 9 typ host tcptype active

Suppose "navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia({ …}) " or “navigator.mediaDevices.getDisplayMedia({…})” is resolved, the sdp usually looks like:

a=candidate:0 1 UDP 2122252543 192.168.0.2 61034 typ host
a=candidate:1 1 TCP 2105524479 192.168.0.2 9 typ host tcptype active

The former can cause connection issue under some network condition.

Any solution to improve?
Many thanks in advance!

Private IP addresses in ICE host candidates are replaced by the mDNS hostnames for the sites that do not have getUserMedia permissions. You can turn this off by changing media.peerconnection.ice.obfuscate_host_addresses setting in about:config to false.

mediasoup-client doesn’t expose SDP and doesn’t send client candidates to server, so it doesn’t matter, at all, and because of that can’t cause any issues under any networks.

mediasoup-client doesn’t expose SDP and doesn’t send client candidates to server, so it doesn’t matter, at all, and because of that can’t cause any issues under any networks.

When I’m using a proxy, it always fails.

Private IP addresses in ICE host candidates are replaced by the mDNS hostnames for the sites that do not have getUserMedia permissions. You can turn this off by changing media.peerconnection.ice.obfuscate_host_addresses setting in about:config to false .

Thanks for the information
After this is done, the sdp is:

a=candidate:0 1 TCP 2105524479 127.0.0.1 9 typ host tcptype active

Indeed it will use ip instead of hostname.
Still cannot connect suppose I’m using a proxy, I guess 127.0.0.1 is somehow equal to local when connect the transport.

Well, there is correlation and there is a causation, those are different things :slightly_smiling_face:
Maybe your server uses UDP and proxy doesn’t support that protocol?

Chrome can work (with proxy), without grant permission.
Also firefox, if the ip is 192.168.0.2-like, also can work with proxy.

You can even try the official demo, if the user does not grant any permission (need to change the client side source code), the if he is using firefox, he cannot consume any more.

Is your proxy listening on localhost? You will need to flip media.peerconnection.ice.loopback config in Firefox to true for that to work.

Thanks,
but it still hangs at this point

mediasoup-client:Transport connection state changed to connecting +0ms

@nazar-pc @snnz thank you!
At least now I know firefox has so many options for this, I will try them.

Sadly nothing helps out.