Having difficulty creating mediasoup project

I am a newbie to this sfu world and have been reading the documentation along with exploring the example code for the provided projects on github and i am unable to understand and start coding. Is there any easy way to learn mediasoup or a tutorial explaining how these modules work? I am actually creating a video conferencing app on react node stack so i will be glad to be helped

There really isn’t, and it’s very difficult to get started with all this stuff if you’re not familar with RTC or SFUs, and even if you are it’s still a bit daunting.

I’ve been perusing the GitHub - versatica/mediasoup-demo: mediasoup official demo application because it’s a similar stack to what I’m using (Node on the backend, React on the frontend), but I’m still not really able to get things working in my own application either…Almost there, though!

I have worked with the full mesh network but the due to scalability i wanted to switch to an sfu. Some how the codebase that you referred to isnt documented well

The demo is just meant to show an example of what can be achieved with mediasoup. Debugging it is really easy and you learn a lot, like everything you just have to dedicate some time to it.

I would strongly recommend to first get familiar with the technologies you want to use (e.g. WebRTC, WebSockets) and then to start by looking at the simpler demos (I’d recommend this single-page one). From here you can create your own prototype. If that’s working you can start building your application.