Unfortunately I experimented the same issue trying to run it on a Linux server. It works in OSX but I didn’t make the dummy audio work in Linux (same issue). I “think” pulseaudio properly configured is needed and so on, but no idea honestly.
At the time we had an echoer demo with libmediasoupclient that would simply receive audio/video from mediasoup and send it back. It worked on linux server without any audio/video card. In order to do that we had to create a dummy AudioDeviceModule subclass.
The implementation is outdated and not maintained. It follows the same design and architecture as current “broadcaster” does. I can’t really say which libwebrtc version it was built against with, but for sure won’t work with newer ones.
@eyals Did you manage to fix the issue with “# Failed to initialize the ADM.Aborted” I tried build the demo and got the same error. I do have audio card and and tried multiple modules, but without luck. I ended up removing the check from libwebrtc webrtc-checkout/src/media/engine/adm_helpers.cc, but and disabled audio from the demo, but I kept getting segmentation fault. I think the demo has old code and not maintained.