Partly solved: Could not detect Ninja v1.8.2 or newer

Sorry, could you tell me where in the code these commands should be written, or in what directory should they be executed? Thank you!

You can modify here mediasoup/Makefile at v3 · versatica/mediasoup · GitHub

1 Like

@nazar-pc @jmillan wondering if we should do this in mediasoup’s Makefile.

In fact it’s happening to us right now in gitHub CI:

Which OS and architecture is it?
I have seen segfaults with other software on Aarch64, but this is certainly something that should be reported to Ninja developers and broken version should be yanked from the release.

You downgraded all the way to 1.10.2, does 1.11.0 work fine? 1.11.0 was out since May and I’m surprised no one reported this before.

It is not a segfault though. And it worked before just fine, something really strange is going on, did we modify anything in Makefile recently?

Just cosmetic changes here: Worker: Add `make update-wrap-file` task by ibc · Pull Request #938 · versatica/mediasoup · GitHub

I see nothing has changed on our side. Contacted developers on Matrix, but also will be without electricity for the next few hours, please jump there as well.

Jump where exactly?

There is an official Meson channel on Matrix

Ubuntu 22.04 x86_64

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement ninja==1.11.0 (from versions: 1.5.3, 1.7.2, 1.7.2.post1, 1.7.2.post2, 1.8.2, 1.8.2.post1, 1.8.2.post2, 1.9.0, 1.9.0.post1, 1.10.0, 1.10.0.post1, 1.10.0.post2, 1.10.0.post3, 1.10.2, 1.10.2.1, 1.10.2.2, 1.10.2.3, 1.10.2.4, 1.11.1)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for ninja==1.11.0

I see, interesting. You should still report segfault to Ninja folks.

There is already an bug report: PyPi package of 1.11.1 contains broken binary · Issue #2211 · ninja-build/ninja · GitHub

After some struggles around dependency, It worked completely and saved me alot!

@ibc let’s fix older version of Ninja then, looks like 1.11.1 was just released earlier today despite formal release on GitHub happened months ago.

Creating PR right now.

1 Like

I was just trying to figure out how to install mediasoup on openSUSE Tumbleweed. It’s kinda hard to find a binary for older ninja in openSUSE repos. :slight_smile: Also the error “ERROR: Could not detect Ninja v1.8.2 or newer” is not factual. The error should at least say that the version of ninja one has is unsupported.

@nazar-pc @vpalmisano

@nazar-pc said:

From Meson chat:

it’s because ninja returns “1.11.1.git.kitware.jobserver-1” for “ninja --version” and meson fails to parse that