Partly solved: Could not detect Ninja v1.8.2 or newer

mediasoup node 3.11.2 released. It fixes the problem by pining ninja 1.10.2.4.

So the bug is not in Meson but in ninja 1.11.1 (at least in Linux):

On my Linux machine, ninja --version doesnā€™t generate a seg. fault, but it returns error code 245. That is enough to break meson , which expects that command to return with error code 0.

Iā€™ll trial and confirm now for you bud!

ubuntu 22.04 base install with the following applied.

sudo apt update -y
sudo apt upgrade -y

curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_16.x | sudo -E bash -

sudo apt install nodejs -y
sudo apt-get install build-essential -y
sudo apt install python3-pip -y
sudo apt update -y
sudo npm install pm2@latest -g
sudo npm install -g npm@latest
sudo npm install mediasoup ā€“ save

I had installed mediasoup for a bunch of servers yesterday and no issues, but could confirm this morning as install broke on my development machine. Iā€™ll know in a few minutes if it passes.

The install succeeded latest version of media-soup (3.11.2). Would this at all affect previous builds now without some ā€œhacksā€?

At least this didnā€™t happen yesterday in my case, ouuf; I was performing reformats on all machines, that would had been so messy hahahahaha.

Love the work, if a server is ever needed for mediasoup demo, I got lots of free-space to account for expansion.

Iā€™m afraid yes.

Yikesā€¦ I hope itā€™s not to much anxiety for you if thereā€™s pending problems and users use old versions. I so far have no issues but I use simple VP8; I keep to the classics for optimal support.

Love the support, IBC you and the team are doing great, I love it.

My offer wonā€™t expire as well, you are welcome to use my servers I pool them and can offer up many end-points. Anything to help support.

1 Like

Just FYI for those following this thread, 1.11.1 release of Ninja was also fixed, so regardless of whether youā€™ve upgraded or not, you should be good now.

4 Likes