- 4 person connected via same 20 Mbps internet connection
- Bandwidth usage is around 72 KB/s upload and 210 KB/s download.
- Video encodings used are: 360/4 @ 75 K/s, 360/2 @ 150 K/s, 360/1 @ 300 K/s
- Both audio and video work fine with 3 people connected, but as soon as the 4th one joins video and audio start lagging.
- Chrome webrtc-internals doesn’t show much packet loss.
- If a person from different network connects he will receive everyone’s video and audio, but no one from the same network gets clear audio or video.
What must be causing this issue ?
At first I thought it was related to bandwidth, but it isn’t. We tried with lower resolution and higher bandwidths.
One more thing I noticed is the video is degraded a lot with on other side with simulcast, does this have anything to do with the issue, or is it just due to compression ? I am attaching screenshots for the same.
From the receiver